The other day a friend posted these little cat butt cookie cutters ( You will love these too) And it got me thinking, actually it got me daydreaming. I also searched for some more adorable cat butt products. Fortunately, Christmas is on its way, and these would make a cute gift for a cat lover.
Why do cats show us their butts? As much as I love my cat’s little butt, it is always a surprise when it is aimed at my face first thing in the morning before coffee. Kitty turning your butt towards you is a way of communication. It is an expression of trust. I have notices it often accompanies by cuddles and head bumps.
The autumnal equinox always awakens my desire to bake and eat more comforting foods. Even here in Southern California the nights and early morning are just starting to feel a smidge cooler. The household pets are already starting to snuggle a little closer. For instance, Pizza the cat, has started his fall rituals, like burying himself under the covers with me, usually at dawn. The household dog is inching her way from the foot of the bed to the middle near me.
Thoughts of fresh-baked cookies, a hot beverage, and a good book make me happy this time of year. Especially when there is a chilled out cat curled up near me and a dog at my feet. In preparation, I spent a little time window-shopping for the coming months. I think you will like what I found.
Look at these goodies. I am in love with these cat butt cookie cutters.
For all your favorite rolled cookie recipes.. ( or my favorite one)
Jamie’s No Chill Sugar Cookie ( For Human Enjoyment)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 egg (preferable medium sized)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Firstly, in a bowl cream softened butter and sugar until smooth with your mixer, at least 3 minutes Then, Add in extracts and your egg.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder and salt with flour.
- Add a little flour mixtures at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. If it becomes too stiff for your mixer turn out the dough onto a countertop surface. Wet your hands and finish off kneading the dough by hand.
- DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH. (Waiting is the worst part of sugar cookies, with this tried and true recipe you don’t have to)
- Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut. these cookies work best if rolled on the thicker side (closer to 1/4 inch rather than 1/8).
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
Perfect for decorating once cooled, or just a good solid dunker for tea.
Spinach and Chicken Cat treat Recipe
Kitty Butt Pillow To Sit on for Comfort.
Enjoying some that first cup of coffee, hot cocoa or some hot tea
Cat Butts are love.
Cats are pretty affectio0ate creatures, even if they have odd ways of showing it! Who knew a butt in the fact meant I love you! Finally, I hope my enthusiasm for these adorable things brings a smile to your face. May there always be a cat butt in your face.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
I’m a busy blogger pet parent to my senior-aged cat Pizza. We have traveled all over Los Angeles, endured several moves, jobs, roommates and now global pandemic together. Today we write, learn, and share information and our favorite products, in hopes you can experience your best life with pets too, We currently live with other humans and their beautiful dog.